Raleigh, NC Moving Tips
Making Your Relocation To NC Easier!
Let's face it, moving day is no picnic. Experience has taught us organization is the key to making your relocation to NC as smooth as possible. By using these helpful tips, your move will be much more organized and less stressful. If we can be of assistance, contact us, your Zebulon, NC real estate experts.
- Host a garage or yard sale to get rid of outgrown or unused items. If time prevents you from holding a yard sale, consider donating the items to a charitable organization like the Salvation Army or the Goodwill Foundation.
- Use sturdy, reinforced boxes, and if packing fragile items, pack them with care.
- Consider using bubble wrap or other packing material for extra cushion and security.
- If you secure free boxes at your neighborhood supermarket or liquor store, just remember they are not reinforced.
- Mark fragile boxes so movers can identify them quickly and easily. Be sure you point out to your mover those boxes that contain high-value items and secure extra insurance for those items.
- Pack dishes, bowls, plates and other glass objects vertically, rather than flat and stacked.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes.
Don't forget to label your boxes, especially any box that contains items that are needed immediately such as sheets and towels. You'll need those items first when you move in. Here are more great moving tips.
- Create an "OPEN ME FIRST" box containing personal essentials like toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, paper plates, paper cups, paper towels, snacks, instant coffee or tea bags, soap, flashlight, tools (screwdriver, pliers), and any other items your family can't do without. Have this box available so it can be removed first from the moving van.
- Take your old phone book with you just in case you need to contact someone from your former home.
- Exchange your contact information with the mover's foreman in case you need to contact each other.
- Read all moving documents before you sign anything. If you don't understand something, ask for a clear explanation.
- Note your shipment's registration number, and keep your Bill of Loading handy during the move.
- If you're moving long distance, it's possible your household goods and personal belongings could be on a truck with someone else's goods too.
- If this is the case, your mover may have to warehouse your furniture and belongings for several days.
- Ask your mover if your goods will remain on the truck until delivered. If they have to be stored, ask if you may inspect the warehouse for security, organization and cleanliness.
- Lastly - take all your personal documentation (medical records, school records, financial records) and medications with you for your security and for your convenience.
Taking Care of Those You Love!
There are other moving tips to remember when relocating with your kids and pets. Be sure to contact us to request these special tips to make your move with kids and pets safe and sound.