Five County NC Real Estate Information
Franklinton NC Real Estate For Sale by Price Range
Most Popular Franklinton NC Real Estate Searches
Welcome to Franklinton!
Franklinton is a small but fast growing town in Franklin County, and it is quickly becoming a desirable place to live. It offers beautiful rural scenery and excellent restaurants. Plus, it is close to things to do in nearby towns. It is convenient to the communities of Wake Forest and Youngsville thanks to its location on Highway 1.
Home buyers searching in Franklinton will find mostly single-family detached homes. Since the area is growing, many of the Franklinton homes for sale are newer. However, buyers will also find historic character homes, especially in the downtown area.
Franklinton NC Stats
- Population: 2,135
- Median Age: 41.4
- Average Commute Time: 17.13 Minutes
- Family Median Income: $37,303
- Median Home Price: $134,100
- Median Rent Per Month: $1,200
Living In Franklinton NC
A Quick History of Franklinton
Franklinton was first established under the name Franklin Depot in 1839 on the land of Shemuel Kearney. In 1842, when the town was incorporated, the name was changed to Franklinton. The town was named after Benjamin Franklin, similarly to Franklin County.
As mentioned above, Franklinton is convenient to Youngsville and Wake Forest. It is bordered by Youngsville, Louisburg, Creedmoor, and Kittrell. Highway 1 and Highway 56 intersect in Franklinton, NC.
Franklinton, NC Parks & Rec
Managed by the Franklin County Parks & Rec department, Franklinton Park is located at 4 Park Ave in Franklinton, NC. It offers picnic areas, playgrounds, a running track, and athletic fields.
Franklinton also hosts a number of seasonal athletics programs including baseball, softball, basketball, and soccer.
Schools in Franklinton NC
Franklinton boasts proximity to a number of highly-rated public schools, which are listed as follows:
- Franklinton Elementary at 431 South Hillsborough St, Franklinton, NC 27525
- Wilton Elementary at 2555 Hwy 96, Franklinton, NC 27525
- Long Mill Elementary at 1753 Long Mill Rd, Youngsville, NC 27596
- Franklinton Middle at 3 North Main St, Franklinton, NC 27525
- Cedar Creek Middle at 2228 Cedar Creek Rd, Youngsville, NC 27596
- Franklinton High at 910 Cedar Creek Rd, Franklinton, NC 27525
Top Franklinton NC Restaurants
Along with beautiful homes and great schools, Franklinton also includes some delicious places to eat. These are the top rated Franklinton restaurants:
- City Lunch Cafe at 5 S Main St, Franklinton, NC 27525
- HomeTown Cafe at Franklinton Square Shopping Center, 3370 US-1, Franklinton, NC 27525
- Chen’s Kitchen at 3392 US-1, Franklinton, NC 27525
Buying A Franklinton Home
Franklinton is an easy choice for home buyers, however finding a home in today's competitive market may be easier said than done. It's important to work with a REALTOR® who knows the area well and has the home buying tools and resources to help you buy a home. We've helped many home buyers find homes in Franklinton, and we would love to help you too! Contact us, your Five County Specialists, at 919-887-5114 to find your Franklinton dream home.
Franklinton Home Buyer Resources
- Contact A Lender For Pre-approval
- View All Active Franklinton NC Real Estate Listings
- Mortgage Calculator
Selling Your Home in Franklinton?
If you need to sell a home in Franklinton, you want a real estate professional on your side who can price your home correctly and market it expertly. Here at Five County Specialists, we have sold a number of Franklinton homes, and we would be honored to help you sell your home.
What's Your Franklinton Home Worth?
Franklinton Home Seller Resources
This data was last updated on: 06/16/19 10:24 AM. A full data refresh was last performed on: 06/16/19 05:46 AM.